Me!

Me!
After the Brighton Marathon 2010

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Bravo!

Bravo! by leecolgate at Garmin Connect - Details

Another glorious morning.  Summer is hanging around a bit  this year, which is very lovely.  Especially when it's bright and warm, but breezy, like it is today.

Today's run was a nice 30-minuter, something I have got very used to over the past few months.  I've really started to see some improvements in the last 2 to 3 weeks, though, and this has continued today.  I'm really pleased with how it went and nerves are beginning to transform into excitement about race day.

I set the target pace to 8:30 to 8:45 per mile.  I managed to hit this during the outward half without too much struggle, despite my achilles not feeling brilliant to begin with.  And on the back half, I was even faster and almost broke the 8:30 barrier!  That would be the pace I would need to maintain throughout the full half marathon to get a personal best.  At the moment, this is still realistically out of reach, but I was not  overly tired at the end of the session and I'm really confident now that I will at least crack the 2-hours I've set myself as my minimum achievement.

Most gratifying, and the rest of the day promises similar satisfactoriness if I can, as I plan deliver some completed work for one of my projects.  Things are looking up!

If you are enjoying these blog posts, please consider sponsoring me in support of Diabetes UK at JustGiving. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for all who, like me, hate text verification, but Poland is full of scum, hitting me with 10 to 20 spam comments a day and this is the only way to stop it.