Me!

Me!
After the Brighton Marathon 2010

Sunday 8 September 2013

Nice weather for ducks ... and runners!

Nice weather for ducks and runners by leecolgate at Garmin Connect - Details

They really are very, very accurate at forecasting the weather  these days, no?  Dull and a bit miserable they said and so it has proved to be.

Except, of course, for when I eventually went out for today's run. At which point the heavens opened and the breeze turned into a strong, gusty wind that changed direction every few seconds.

I soldiered on gamely and, if I'm honest, I prefer this kind of weather to the strength-sapping heat I endured on Thursday.  Pace-wise I managed roughly 8:30 per mile again, consistently, throughout the whole session, without feeling like I was trying that hard or having to push.

Just a 35-minuter and a 20 next week before race day.  I'm feeling completely ready!!!

If you are enjoying these blog posts, please consider sponsoring me in support of Diabetes UK at JustGiving. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for all who, like me, hate text verification, but Poland is full of scum, hitting me with 10 to 20 spam comments a day and this is the only way to stop it.