Me!

Me!
After the Brighton Marathon 2010

Saturday 21 September 2013

No rest for the wicked

No rest for the wicked by leecolgate at Garmin Connect - Details

I've had nearly a week off, but have decided to enter the Great North Run again next year, possibly with parents, and I also have a fitness test to pass next week.

So I have generated a new training plan to prepare me.  Proper training doesn't really start until March, but in the meantime I'll be heading out 3 times a week for different amounts of time.  I'm unlikely to blog regularly, but may do some highlights posts if something particularly exciting happens.  I've also ordered new shoes, having run both pairs of last year's completely into the ground.

On this occasion, having managed the final 2 miles last Sunday at what for me was a stunning pace, I decided to aim for 8:15 to 8:30 per mile.  I'm really confident I can thrash this year's time if I push myself and now I know what I am capable of I'm better able to judge what I should be able  to manage.  Anyway, I beat the target without really trying too hard and am feeling rather smug right now.

I have to decide on a charity for next year.  My Diabetes contacts all have charity fatigue, which is fair enough after 4 marathons and last Sunday's half.  I have a shortlist at the moment of Multiple Sclerosis, Leukemia and Guide Dogs.  I'll make up my mind at some stage, possibly based on who can guarantee me a place without expecting ridiculous things, should I not get in via the main ballot!

If you are enjoying these blog posts, please consider sponsoring me in support of Diabetes UK at JustGiving. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for all who, like me, hate text verification, but Poland is full of scum, hitting me with 10 to 20 spam comments a day and this is the only way to stop it.