Me!

Me!
After the Brighton Marathon 2010

Sunday 1 September 2013

Last long long run

Last long long run by leecolgate at Garmin Connect - Details

I got the usual weekly countdown message from the Great Run training site this week, but this time it contained the very welcome news that I'm in the tapering phase of training.  This means no more utterly exhausting sessions over an hour.

However, I did miss a 20 minute session on Friday.  So I added that to today's planned 50 and did 1 hour 10.  Apart from anything else, this gives me a decent platform to actually taper down from!

I had no high hopes for performing particularly well today.  I ate barely anything and drank a leetle too much yesterday.  But it all went rather well, actually.  I managed the sub-nine-minute miling that's my personal success benchmark these days.  And I very nearly managed even pacing over the two halves.  I hit a very rough spot between about 55 and 60 minutes when I actually felt the last of the energy stored in my muscles run out and switched over to burning fat.  But this spurred me on, as burning fat is absolutely something I need to do as much of as possible these days.

I got my CBT certificate yesterday, so am planning to buy a moped (not a motorbike, I have come to the sad realisation that manual gears and me on two wheels do not mix) next week, which is rather exciting.  I just need to work out exactly what I'm doing, when, to plan the trip to the garage.  And I can't be bothered looking at that today.  Being independently mobile again will be rather lovely.  The rest of today's going to be slow and lazy, just as a Sunday should be.

If you are enjoying these blog posts, please consider sponsoring me in support of Diabetes UK at JustGiving. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for all who, like me, hate text verification, but Poland is full of scum, hitting me with 10 to 20 spam comments a day and this is the only way to stop it.