Me!

Me!
After the Brighton Marathon 2010

Thursday 5 September 2013

It's too darned hot!

It's too darned hot by leecolgate at Garmin Connect - Details

I wanted to go out first thing this morning to do this session but needed to drive to the seafront to do it.  It was one of those steady/easy sessions with some bits of hard, hard running in and I can't do those around the house.  There are just too many roads to get across and too much traffic.

But Colin needed the car this morning so I had to wait until he'd finished what he was doing.  This meant eventually getting out of the house at about 11:45.  Running a fairly hard session in the hottest part of the day.  Joy.

Bloody hell, it was hot and humid - even right down by the sea.  The GPS was also completely schizophrenic and could not seem to decide at any stage how fast I was actually going.  I'm really not convinced any of the pace feedback I was receiving was accurate, nor  how  much benefit I've got from the session as a result.  It could have been a complete waste of time, but at least I have kept on-plan.

I now don't have to do a run before work tomorrow, for which hurrah, but will be out on both Saturday and Sunday.  When, I think, the weather might be a bit different.  As long as it's not also blowing a gale, I can cope with being rained on, so am fully prepared and ready for anything.

If you are enjoying these blog posts, please consider sponsoring me in support of Diabetes UK at JustGiving. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for all who, like me, hate text verification, but Poland is full of scum, hitting me with 10 to 20 spam comments a day and this is the only way to stop it.